We offer a wide range of services to help you achieve a greater level of understanding from your data. These help you make better decisions and more reliable plans. You can see summaries of our main services below.
If you'd prefer to talk through what we offer and the services that would benefit you most, please contact us.
Data Collection & Management
Innovation & Research
Surveys & Sampling
What effect will increasing price have on demand? What are the key factors that drive people to behave the way they do? How do you predict complex systems like the weather when there are so many factors that influence what might happen?
From simple linear relationships to complex high-dimensional systems, a statistical model simply defines relationships between the different variables within the data you’ve collected. The model then tries to explain the process that generated the data you observed, showing how variables influence each other and how they affect the outcome
While the aim is to simplify and explain, statistical models can often be complex and demand a high degree of expertise to produce accurate results. When you work with an expert partner, they can help you:
- Understand complex relationships.
- Identify drivers or variables that influence results while ruling others out.
- Quantify the nature and size of the effect that different factors have on behaviour.
- Extrapolate available data to situations that you’ve not observed.
- Predict future behaviour and explore ‘what if’ scenarios.
- Understand why things behave the way they do.
- Quantify risk and uncertainty about different potential outcomes.
Whether you’re interested in human behaviour or a physical process, statistical models take the data you’ve observed and create a structure; so you can understand, explain and predict how systems behave.
Statistical models come in a variety of flavours depending upon the nature of the problem and of the data available. Common classes of models include:
- Regression models (including linear, generalised linear and logistic models)
- Non-parametric models
- Semi-parametric models
- Fixed, random and mixed effects models
- Bayesian and graphical models
- Time Series models
- Survival models
- Classification and regression trees
Statistical models underpin many of our core services from design and analysis to testing and prediction. Whatever you’re interested in and whatever data you have, we can construct a model that will help you understand precisely what’s going on and why.