Lynsey is the Managing Director of Select Statistics and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the company as well as delivering statistical analysis, research and training support to our clients. She is a Chartered Statistician with both a Master’s Degree and Ph.D. in Statistics. Lynsey joined Select in 2012 following four years as a consultant at the Met Office within the Climate Impacts team, providing statistical expertise for consultancy projects as well as delivering training courses at the Met Office College.
Lynsey is experienced in working with both public and private sector organisations and in applying her statistical knowledge gained during her academic training to a wide range of commercial and public sector real-world problems. Lynsey is also a Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) Ambassador working with local schools to promote and encourage young learners to enjoy STEM subjects.
Years of Experience
Over 10 years’ post-graduate training, research and consultancy experience.
- Delivery of statistical analysis for clients in a variety of sectors including environment, finance, ecommerce, education and healthcare.
- Development of software for clients with experience of multiple programming languages including R, SPSS and C++.
- Development and delivery of bespoke statistical training courses.
- Application of a variety of statistical techniques including generalized and general linear regression, time series analysis, parametric and non-parametric hypothesis testing, sample size calculations and imputation of missing data.
- Consultant at the UK Met Office (March 2008 – June 2012).
Qualifications and Professional Body Membership
- Chartered Statistician, Royal Statistical Society
- Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM) Ambassador
- Chair of the Advisory Board for the MSc in Statistics, University of Sheffield
- Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Sheffield
- M.Sc. in Statistics with Distinction, University of Sheffield
- B.Sc. in Mathematics, Durham University