Jo joined the team in 2018 as a Senior Statistical Consultant and is responsible for delivering statistical analysis, research and training support for our clients. She has a B.Sc. in Mathematics and Statistics, a M.Sc. in Statistics and is a Chartered Statistician. Prior to joining Select, Jo was a Senior Statistician with the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) where she was responsible for providing the analytical design, statistical analysis and reporting for a wide range of projects in the education sector, for both government departments and for private organisations.
Jo is also a member of the Royal Statistical Society’s Women in Data Science and Statistics special interest group which aims to support and promote women working in the field.
Years of Experience
20 years’ experience working as an Educational Statistician.
- Providing statistical analysis for a range of clients with particular expertise in the education sector.
- Experience with several analytical software packages, including R, SPSS, MLwiN and MPlus.
- Application of a wide variety of statistical techniques including simple regression models, multilevel modelling (including value added models), item response theory (IRT), age-standardisation, factor analysis and multiple imputation.
- Experience in the design and analysis of surveys.
- Senior Statistician with the National Foundation for Educational Research (1996-2018).
Qualifications and Professional Body Membership
- Chartered Statistician, Royal Statistical Society
- Member of Royal Statistical Society’s Women in Data Science and Statistics special interest group
- MSc. in Statistics, University of Sheffield
- BSc. in Mathematics and Statistics, University of Bradford