Jo joined the team in 2018 as a Senior Statistical Consultant and is responsible for delivering statistical analysis, research and training support for our clients. She has a B.Sc. in Mathematics and Statistics, a M.Sc. in Statistics and is a Chartered Statistician. Prior to joining Select, Jo was a Senior Statistician with the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) where she was responsible for providing the analytical design, statistical analysis and reporting for a wide range of projects in the education sector, for both government departments and for private organisations.
Years of Experience
20 years’ experience working as an Educational Statistician.
- Providing statistical analysis for a range of clients with particular expertise in the education sector.
- Experience with several analytical software packages, including R, SPSS, MLwiN and MPlus.
- Application of a wide variety of statistical techniques including simple regression models, multilevel modelling (including value added models), item response theory (IRT), age-standardisation, factor analysis and multiple imputation.
- Experience in the design and analysis of surveys.
- Senior Statistician with the National Foundation for Educational Research (1996-2018).
Qualifications and Professional Body Membership
- Chartered Statistician, Royal Statistical Society
- MSc. in Statistics, University of Sheffield
- BSc. in Mathematics and Statistics, University of Bradford