In order to receive and process job applications, Select Statistical Services Limited (“Select”) will collect and store any personal information you submit to us via our website or email.
Select may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15/05/2018.
1 Information That We Collect From You
When you make a job application via our website you will be asked to provide certain information yourself, including your name, contact details and job history.
Some of the information we request is essential for us to consider an application for a vacancy or to meet our statutory monitoring and reporting responsibilities. However, where indicated, some of the information is optional and you can choose not to provide it.
We may also undertake actions and/or operations (e.g., access, collection, use) that impact the personal data of job applicants in connection with our recruiting activities (“process”).
We may use third party service providers for these processes. In cases where third-party service providers process personal data on our behalf, the service provider is bound by written contract to process the personal data only for the purposes of providing the specific service, and to maintain appropriate security measures to protect the data.
2 Select Statistics’ Handling Guidelines for Job Applications
2.1 Data Collection
We will only collect personal data that is necessary to accomplish our recruiting purposes
We will not seek to collect personal data known as sensitive personal data unless we need to do so to meet our obligations, address an exceptional circumstance, or exercise our rights under employment law. Sensitive personal data is specifically comprised of personal data that relates to:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or other similar beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Physical or mental health; or
- Sexual life.
2.2 Data Processing
We will process personal data only if the job applicant has given explicit consent and one of the following conditions is met:
- we need to process personal data to evaluate the job applicant’s eligibility for employment
- we need to carry out the processing: (1) to execute, or take steps with the view of entering into, a contract with the job applicant; (2) to comply with legal obligations; or, (3) to protect the vital interests of the job applicant in a ‘life or death’ situation; or
- our legitimate interests require the processing, and those interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights of the job applicant
2.3 Data Protection Statement
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of our selection processes and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement, unless otherwise indicated.
By submitting your personal data and application, you:
- declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this document;
- declare that the information given in your application is complete and true to the best of your knowledge, and understand that deliberate omissions and incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected or to your dismissal;
- give your consent to the processing of the information contained in your application and any other personal data you may provide separately in the manner and to the extent described; and
- are authorising Select to verify or have verified on their behalf all statements contained in your application and to make any necessary reference checks.
2.4 Data Retention
Your data will be retained only for as long as is permitted and required by UK legislation and then destroyed.
Personal data that is supplied by applicants that are not shortlisted for interview will be deleted within eight weeks of the end of the closing date for applications. Personal data for shortlisted applicants will be stored by us for a period of two years before being deleted in order that you can access and re-use data in future applications and so that we can respond to statutory reporting requests. Personal data supplied by successful applicants will be subject to our policy on personal data retention and processing for staff members which is made available to all staff at the start of their employment.
3 How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding this policy, you can contact us by