Tom Fricker joined Select as a statistical consultant in November 2014 bringing with him statistical consultancy and research expertise from his previous roles both in academia and in the private sector. Tom is a chartered statistician and expert statistical modeller having spent 3 years following his PhD as a Research Associate at the Universities of Sheffield and Exeter working on statistical models for diverse applications ranging from climate change to hospital admissions. Tom’s commercial experience comes from his 2 years at ATASS where he was a researcher specialising in the development and testing of predictive models for sports events.
Years of Experience
9 years’ post-graduate training and consultancy experience.
- Development of statistical models for analysis and prediction in applications including sports, agriculture, hospital admissions and climate modelling
- Using statistical methods for evaluating the performance of predictive models
- Development of software in a range of languages
- Delivering statistical training on topics including data exploration, modelling and computing with the statistical package R
- Statistical modeller, ATASS Sports Ltd (2012-2014)
- Research Associate, University of Exeter (2010-2012)
- Research Associate, University of Sheffield (2009-2010)
- PhD in statistics, University of Sheffield
- MSc in statistics, University of Sheffield
- BA in Mathematics, University of Cambridge