Sarah is a senior statistical consultant responsible for delivering statistical analysis, research and training support for our clients and is a Chartered Statistician with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematical Sciences and a Master’s Degree in Statistics. Sarah joined Select in 2012 following four years as a consultant at the University of Sheffield Statistical Services Unit, undertaking data analysis and reporting, and providing statistical advice. She has experience of working with a diverse range of clients in both the public and private sectors and in applying her statistical knowledge to a wide range of real-world problems. Sarah has particular expertise in medical statistics having delivered weekly statistics clinics to medical personnel at teaching hospitals and working on secondment to a pharmaceutical company for almost three years.
Years of Experience
8 years’ post-graduate training and consultancy experience.
- Delivery of statistical analysis for clients in a variety of sectors including clinical trials, healthcare, biostatistics, government, transport, environment, agriculture, ecommerce and education.
- Development of software for clients with experience of multiple programming languages including R, SPSS and SAS.
- Development of bespoke statistical training courses and delivery of statistical advice both remotely and in-person.
- Application of a variety of statistical techniques including generalized and general linear regression, survey weighting and analysis, survival analysis, parametric and non-parametric hypothesis testing, sample size calculations and meta-analyses.
- Consultant Statistician at the University of Sheffield Statistical Services Unit (Oct. 2008 – July 2012).
Qualifications and Professional Body Membership
- Chartered Statistician, Royal Statistical Society
- Chartered Scientist, UK Science Council
- Ordinary Member of PSI (Statisticians in the Pharmaceutical Industry)
- M.Sc. in Statistics with Distinction and Award for Outstanding Overall Performance, University of Sheffield
- B.Sc. in Mathematical Sciences with First-Class Honours, University of Bath