Luciana is a Lecturer in Statistics at Plymouth University. Her Degree in Economics and PhD in Statistics gives her a strong quantitative background and the flexibility to apply her expertise to a wide range of applications. Luciana has published a number of research papers in the areas of finance, risk management, customer satisfaction surveys, internationalization of SME’s and, more recently, medical statistics.
In addition, Luciana has 9 years’ experience in training and statistical consultancy. As a trainer, Luciana has delivered courses to professionals in the medical, social and business fields at various levels and using a variety of statistical packages. Luciana’s consultancy work has focused mainly in the areas of credit and operational risk analysis and marketing.
Years of Experience
9 years’ post-graduate training, research and consultancy experience.
- Delivery of statistical analysis for clients in a variety of sectors including finance, risk management, marketing and customer satisfaction.
- Development of software for clients with experience of multiple programming languages including R and SPSS.
- Development and delivery of bespoke statistical training courses in the medical, social and business fields.
- Application of a variety of statistical techniques including generalized and linear regression, time series analysis, parametric and non-parametric hypothesis testing, survey analysis, imputation of missing data and cluster analysis.
- Lecturer in Applied Statistics at the Centre for Health & Environmental Statistics, Plymouth University (2011).
- Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Economics, University of Pavia, Italy