Food safety, security, productivity and sustainability are all areas where cutting edge statistical methods are playing an increasingly critical role. Statistical applications include yield predictions, disease and pest control, resource management, monitoring soil and air quality, and optimising fertiliser use.
Food and environmental policies, and safe and efficient food production can be informed by appropriate data sampling and analysis. We help food producers and other organisations that rely on or support the food industry identify and apply the most relevant data analysis to help them tackle the many challenges they face.
Statistical analysis in agriculture and farming (some examples)
- Monitoring disease resistance of new crops and varieties.
- Predicting yields from crops and livestock.
- Developing intelligent strategies for disease and pest control.
- Monitoring the environmental effects of fertiliser and pesticide use.
- Growth rate modelling and monitoring for arable and livestock production.